Cat Lab! is a platformer/endless runner game where you the player must guide the heroic cats to recapture the escaped mice. The mice in particular have begun to mutate (grow wings, spider abilities, etc.) to add variety and interest to the game. Simple enough for any child 3 and up to play, but with increasing difficulty in each lab (composed of 24 levels each) provides lots of replay value. Colorful and humorous, Cat Lab! is an addicting game in 30 second or 10 minute bursts.
- In original launch format, there are 72 levels, 3 types of mice to capture, and numerous platforming challenges.
- Original, clever voice over commentary from The Narrator.
- Simple tutorials and in-game learning for anyone to play the game.
- Completing a lab unlocks the next one for play.
- Built for DLC – we’ll see new levels, new enemies, and new challenges coming soon with frequent DLC at no extra cost.
- Introduced at the low price of $.99, but it won’t stay there forever, particularly as DLC comes for free – so get it early
According to the developers it’s a fun game that’s easily playable by young children (and safe for them to do so) but challenging enough for adults, it’s got some great humor in the narrator (some of it only shows up randomly!), and it’s addictive – we found our beta testers couldn’t just test a set of levels – they kept having to play through the game every time they picked it up. They also informed us they have a number of hidden easter eggs, primarily in things the Narrator will say or tell you at various places in the game – some of them based on time of year (say, a given holiday) and others just amusing things that happen very, very infrequently. There’s even some good pokes at well known sites like 9gag.com.
Cat Lab Trailer
Cat Lab Screenshots
There is a trial version available and the full version is available for $0.99, which removes the ads. The devs have also informed us all future downloadable content is free. However, the price will go up when they start shipping the DLC, so buying it now is the best way to guarantee you get it all for the low introductory price.