Burn the Rope is yet another addition to the quality XBox Live Title. Well developed graphics and unique gameplay aren’t the only things that this game brings to the table. But they are some of the greatest.
I guess you could say that Burn the Rope is a physics based game. Think about how if you hold a match upside down it burns faster. That’s the concept of this game, with the exception that if you don’t keep the flame burning in an upward direction. It will go out and you will lose the level, which obviously have different challenges and progressively get more difficult.
First of all, all of the levels have a different shape of rope to burn. Some require a lot of turning of the phone to burn( it is after all, accelerometer based), others don’t. But the for sure thing is that every single level is going to require you to think ahead and have a good strategy. For example, you cannot burn colored ropes by striking them directly. They have to be started via other ropes that you are burning.
Burn the Rope is a very high quality game. Most of all the graphics and controls are very unique to this game alone. It is quick and responsive and the accelerometer is definitely implemented in a way that I haven’t seen rivaled in the marketplace. It’s fun, engaging and is totally worth your time.
Burn the Rope Gameplay Video
Burn the Rope xBox Live Achievements
- Beetle Bopper (20 points): Eliminate 10 beetles.
- Bomb Blaster (20 points): Eliminate 20 fireflies.
- Cabin Fever (10 points): Get a gold on all the Cottage levels.
- Dead Ant (20 points): Eliminate 5 ants.
- Electrician (20 points): Eliminate 20 Electric Bugs.
- Lumber Jack (10 points): Get a gold on all the Wood Pile levels.
- Rainbow (10 points): 4 or more flames all of different color at once.
- Royal Flush (10 points): Get a gold on all the Outhouse levels.
- Shedarific (10 points): Get a gold on all the Shed levels.
- Soaking Wet (20 points): Eliminate 30 Water Bugs.
- Starting Sparks (10 points): Get a gold on all the Fire Pit levels.
- Tying it up (10 points): Get a gold on all the Dock levels.
- Web Wizard (20 points): Eliminate 20 spiders.
- Wheeling & Dealing (10 points): Got a gold on all the Wagon Wheel levels.
Version Under Review : 188.8.131.52
Website : Big Blue Bubble, Twitter : @big_blue_bubble
Burn the Rope Screenshots
There is a trial version available and the full version is available for $2.99, we are not sure what are the limitations of the trial version.
Our Rating for Burn the Rope