BestWP7Games.com was launched on 13th August 2010, just before Windows Phone 7 launched..with one goal in mind. To provide a resource that everyone can go to for everything related to Windows Phone 7 Games. From WP7 Games Reviews, Windows Phone 7 Gaming News, information about upcoming sale and pricedrops for WP7 games and much more.
We cover everything from XBox Live games to the indie games on WP7. You will find that our reviews will include the reviewer’s option of the game , video of the gameplay involved and screenshots ( supplied by developers , coz there is no easy way to take screenshots of the game at this stage ). Developers can have a look here to see how to submit their games for review consideration.
Due to a lot of readers requesting to add a rating system we have decided to go with a new rating system for game reviews. We will score a game 1-5 based on the overall experience that the reviewer had with the game.
1 – Bad : Games that are not playable coz of faulty controls or that have seriously bad designs. Its highly unlikely we would review these game after trying it out. but if we do you will find em here.
2 – Poor : Games that are having poor graphics / sound and offer a dull gameplay experience to users are given the Poor Rating badge.
3 – Average: These games are generally playable and could even be fun at times, but will have a few issues that might put off some gamers. We suggest you try the trial ( if available ) before you buy these games. These are the game that you should try for yourself and then you can make up your mind if its good or bad.
4 – Good : If we find that the gameplay is entertaining and the game offers really good graphics and sfx along with some great controls. And if we feel that most games will enjoy this game we put them in to out Good Game section.
5 – Great : We feel these games are Legen … wait for it … dary! ( wiki ). If a game gets this then we feel you will enjoy this game and will get your monies worth n more out of the game. A game must be truly extraordinary to get this status.
One other thing you will find with our reviews is that we do not provide a rating for our reviews, we feel that there is no way you can correctly rate different games on a score of 1-5 stars. Something I like might not be liked by you and vice-versa. So we see what the game offers, talk about its selling points and also talk about what we think can be improved in future versions. In the future we also plan to include vs reviews, we will include ratings for those. When we compare two things its easier to rate them ;)
You will also find the ” Download to Windows Phone ” button in our reviews , clicking on them will take you to the game in zune. Dont be shy when you see that icon , do click on it ( You can use any browser , as long as you have the Zune Software on your PC, if you are using a WP7 device it will take you to the marketplace )
Editor in Chief :
- Saijo George ( get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org ) , GamerTag : Cyb4n – My name is Saijo George. I am the Editor-in-Chief on 1800PocketPC.com and BestWP7Games.com. Long time Windows Mobile users who switched over to the iPhone and later came back to Microsoft as soon as Windows Phone was launched
- Cris Rowlands , GamerTag : TensionToast – Student, Designer, Programmer :3. I’m a student in York who loves Windows Phones, coding & designing stuff :D
- K Sawyer Paul, GamerTag : ksawyerlive – K Sawyer Paul is a writer, designer and publisher living in Toronto. A long-time Zune and Windows Phone user, K Sawyer enjoys both the simplicity and speed of Windows Phone.
- Max, GamerTag : Maxen13 -I’m a student but, most importantly, I am a WP7 owner. I have had my Omnia 7 for almost a year now. I love the Metro UI and features unique to the OS; consolidated inboxes, the People hub, native Office, Exchange, Hotmail and SkyDrive support are now indispensable to me as features on a phone as is, of course, proper Xbox Live integration.
Reviewers ( who used to write for us )
- Yann, GamerTag : Yann UK – I’ve been gaming since I first played Chess on the Amstrad PCW, and have never looked back. The advent of smartphones has given rise to anexciting new world of possibilities for gaming, and I’ve been particularly enamoured with Windows Phone 7 thanks to its integration with Xbox Live, and the minimum specifications Microsoft had for the handsets meaning that all of them are capable gaming devices. Also, because the OS is just so damned sexy. When I’m not playing or reviewing games, I have a variety of other interests and hobbies, not least ancient literature and history, subjects in which I hold both a bachelor and master of arts; so if you’ve any questions about which of the ancient Greek novels is the best,* you know who to ask! *Lucian’s True History
- Jace, GamerTag : xlankex – A little about myself. I’m into motocross, longboarding, music, new technology(namely smartphones), and anything involving video production. I’ve been an avid WP7 user and advocate since the inception. Starting with the announcment at MWC last year to the current day. I was recently employed at a Tmobile store and having hands on experience with every mobile OS that’s out there I really feel like WP7 provides a unique and intuitive solution for smartphone usage. It’s nice to have an OS that splits the difference between completely open source like Android and totally on lockdown like IOS. I believe that WP7 is a competitive operating system that’s new and exciting and has a bright future in the marketplace. With Zune and Xbox live integration I think we’re going to be seeing some even more amazing and exciting developments coming from WP7 and Microsoft.
A Bit of History
- ( August 13, 2010 ) Out First WP7 Games News Item : Link
- ( October 24, 2010 ) Our First WP7 Game Review : Link
- ( Feb 16, 2011 ) We get a new look thanks to Justin Kopepasah for the new design. See the old site design here HomePage, SinglePage
- ( April 08, 2011 ) We launched a forum where all Windows Phone 7 Gamers can hang out and share tips and tricks about various WP7 games
- ( April 16, 2011 ) Our content is now available via Google News ( in wp7 games, wp7, etc )
- ( Late November, 2011 ) Due to not a lot of activity and the lack of time to fight Spam I pulled the forum down
- ( Dec 6, 2011 ) We will review xBox console games as long as they offer some sort of Windows Phone integration. The buy game option will link to Amazon ( affiliate programme )