A game that is as old as ” Windows Phone 7 Series ” , Mush is finally out on the marketplace. This game certainly piqued our interest after the initial trailer was showcased way back in 2010 and its mid 2012 now. One has to wonder why so
serious much delay in getting this game out. The game revolves around a little character called Mush. It’s his/her turn to seek out his friends in the low-gravity world where they live ( we are going to refer to it as Mush-land from now on ) and discover missing emotions along the way.
Mush Gameplay Video
Want the summary of the game review in one word .. WOW !! do you prefer it in 4 words ? Go download it now
The game makes use of the accelerometer on your phone for controls along with various gestures that you draw on the screen to activate various abilities. Using the touch screen you draw a smile to make Mush happy, making him light and able to float upwards. I believe there are 4 emotions in total some of the other ones include drawing a sad face saddens Mush and makes him sink in water and weigh down objects, Shaking the Phone to anger Mush, allowing you to break obstacles and run faster. Drawing a straight horizontal line sends Mush back to its normal state.
The full game offers 12 levels , which does not sound like a lot :( . You get to collect some flowers along the way , which you can only pick up when you are in the happy state .. I expect similar collectibles will be available in later levels each of which requires you to be in a specific mood to pick up , this does add some replay value as you might not always pick up every item on the first run.
In regards to the graphical presentation, it’s quite beautiful and the music is quite good as well. The physics used seems to work well with the low gravity environment and does add to the cuteness of the title. I did not coem across any danger in the demo level ( I expect to see some sort of danger – traps , enemies, etc in later levels , we will take a closer look at those in the full review ). That is it for now , try the demo if you must. I think most of you will love it.
Mush xBox Live Achievements
- Beginner’s Luck (10 points): Complete the first level.
- In Pursuit of Happiness (5 points): Use happy emotion for the first time.
- Into the Doldrums (5 points): Use the sad emotion for the first time.
- Befuddled (5 points): Use the confused emotion for the first time.
- Seeing Red (5 points): Use the angry emotion for the first time.
- Happy Go Lucky (10 points): Complete all the happy levels.
- Pessimist (10 points): Complete all the sad levels.
- This Way Up (10 points): Complete all the confused levels.
- Anger Management (10 points): Complete all the angry levels.
- Home In Time For Tea (30 points): Complete all the levels.
- Mood Maestro (5 points): Change emotions 150 times.
- Emotion Ninja (10 points): Complete a level in less than five minutes.
- Only 9 Million To Go… (5 points): Collect your first 10 minimotes.
- Magpie (15 points): Complete any level collecting all minimotes.
- Evasive (5 points): Complete a level without collecting 10 or more minimotes.
- Smile When Down (10 points): Complete a sad level collecting all happy minimotes.
- Electromaniac (5 points): Collide with electricity three times in a row.
- Spinning Out (5 points): Change to the confused state three times in quick succession.
- Smashing Good Time (10 points): Smash 65 rocks.
- Emotionally Complete (30 points): Collect all minimotes in the game and complete the current level.
Version Under Review : 188.8.131.52
There is a trial version available and the full version is available for $2.99, we are not sure what are the limitations of the trial version.
Pages: 1 2