I’m quite sure I can sum up Cro-Mag Rally in one sentence. Mario Kart but not as good. Truthfully this game has the potential to be amazing but is hampered by small hiccups. Most of those hiccups have to do with the controls but we’ll get to that in a second.
Overall Cro-Mag Rally isn’t too bad but it really just doesn’t quite do it for me. You don’t have to look too hard to see what potential this game has but I really feel like it’s the controls that let it down. Really the only way to describe it is…..jerky. As early as the second level I noticed that I was bouncing back and forth between the level. I was stuck between not being able to turn enough and obstacles that for some reason feel like they appeared out of nowhere. Though they didn’t appear out of nowhere, it feels like it because you’re constantly trying to correct where you went wrong and end up over-correcting.
The basis of Cro-Mag Rally is simple. Be the first one to the finish line. There are things to help you along the way. At your disposal is an assortment of weapons that you can pick up on your way around the track. The pickups are all unique and if you pick up multiples of the same weapon they add together to have a stock of weaponry. However, if you pick up another weapon the count resets.
There really isn’t much else to say about this game. Just about everyone knows what Mario-Kart is like, and while I had high hopes for this game it just doesn’t feel up to scratch for me. I was excited for this title and I do feel like I was let down, especially as most of the Xbox Live titles are beyond criticism. This one however, is one that I’d rather forget.
Cro-Mag Rally Gameplay Video
Cro-Mag Rally WP7 xBox Live Achievements
- Cro-Mag Man (10 points): Finish a race in First Place.
- Old World Man (10 points): Finish a race in First, Second, or Third Place on Hard difficulty.
- New World Man (25 points): Finish in First Place on all tracks.
- Got the Cake… Ate it, Too (10 points): In a Gather game, collect all the tokens and come in First, Second, or Third.
- Hungry Man (20 points): Collect all the tokens from all the tracks in Gather races.
- Did I Mention the Clear Coat? (15 points): Complete a race with each vehicle type.
- Nice View! (10 points): Stay airborne for more than 2 seconds.
- Piltdown Man (10 points): Inflict damage on every opponent in a single race.
- Keep it Clean (10 points): Win a race without using any power-ups.
- He’s Going the Distance! (20 points): Complete 6 races as Brog.
- She’s Going the Distance! (20 points): Complete 6 races as Grag.
- Collector’s Edition (15 points): Collect 100 tokens in Gather races.
- Going for Speed (10 points): Finish Glacier in 5 minutes or less.
- Omega Man (15 points): Make the Desert track less… green.
Cro-Mag Rally Screenshots
There is a trial version available and the full version is available for $2.99, we are not sure what are the limitations of the trial version.
Our Rating for Cro-Mag Rally